Chef Andre Gomez Shares a Recipe
Porch Light Latin Kitchen is a combination of a neighborhood hangout and a trip to Puerto Rico. The lunch counter, cozy tables and mouthwatering aroma makes you want to sit and relax for a while. Chef Andre Gomez is the kind of guy who loves to cook and enjoy his family and friends in one setting. Try one of Andre’s favorites dishes at home.
- Parboiled yuca
- Green plantains, cut into thin rounds
- Sweet plantains, sliced
- Mojo or garlic paste
- Vegetable broth
- Mix of mushrooms
- Salt, as needed
1. Heat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place yuca and plantains in a fryer and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Place in mortar and pestle with mojo or garlic paste. Season. Mash to combine ingredients.
4. With hands, remove mixture and ball up into three equal balls.
5. In sauté pan, place a little oil and roast mushrooms and season until brown. Deglaze with vegetable broth and place over Trifongo.
Porch Light Latin Kitchen, 300 Village Green Circle SE, #110, Smyrna, GA 30080 | For reservations, call 678.309.9858.