Delight Friends and Family this Holiday Season with these Cookie Recipes
“I love these cookies! ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’ is one of my favorite Christmas movies, so this cookie is the perfect recipe to share,” Ansleigh Brown says. “It is simple to make, and the cookies turn out adorable; they really do look like a little Grinch belly … when his heart was two sizes too small!”
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cornstarch
Green gel food coloring
- 1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix cornstarch and powdered sugar in a box and set aside.
- 2. Mix the butter, cake mix, oil, and eggs together (the batter will be thick). Drop about five drops of the green food coloring, stirring it in.
- 3. Spread the cornstarch/powdered sugar mixture on a flat surface and scoop chunks of dough onto the cornstarch/powdered mixture and roll it into a ball.
- 4. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 F. Let the cookies cool for several minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- 5. Roll red fondant out and use a stencil to cut out small hearts. Before cookies have completely cooled, place the hearts on the cookies.
Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookies
“My mom and I bake these cookies every Christmas,” Ansleigh says. “They are a family favorite—a holiday tradition in our household that everyone looks forward to.”
48 Hershey kisses
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Unwrap Hershey Kisses and set aside. In a large bowl, beat shortening and peanut butter well.
- 2. Add 1/3 cup sugar and light brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. And milk, egg, vanilla and beat well.
- 3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients mixture to the first mixture.
- 4. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- 5. Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, place Hershey Kisses on top of the cookies. Transfer to wire rack to let them cool.